Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Guillermo Alvarado <gu...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/15 00:45:24 UTC

Building Hadoop/Hive App

Hi everybody,

I want to build an application with Hadoop. I want to know which is the
best way to comunicate my GUI (Django based) with Hive.

I have a CDH4 cluster running, I need to perform queries to hive then graph
the response.

I know there is a JDBC client and a python client but I need have installed
hadoop in order to use it, is not there an API than I can consume without
have installed hadoop in the GUI server?  or I need to build and expose an
API from the Hive server (Using the clients mentioned above)that my GUI
server will consume?

So, What recommend me you guys?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

Re: Building Hadoop/Hive App

Posted by Guillermo Alvarado <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sound great Esteban, How can I get that libreries?

Thanks,
~GA

Re: Building Hadoop/Hive App

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.