Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ron Segal <ro...@segal.co.nz> on 2002/07/30 22:05:30 UTC

Malformed manifest in commons-logging

As a user, I wanted to report the following problem with
commons-logging.

On attempting to initialise James with an invocation to client.Call in
an axis mailet, James falls over complaining about a malformed number in
commons-logging.

Opening up the manifest inside the common-logging.jar  I discovered that
an implementation version attribute has been used that does not comply
with the Sun specification. It should be a dot separated number with no
spaces, dashes or characters in it. So I removed the illegal part '-dev'
from the version attribute and re-created the .jar.  Put the .jar back
into the apps/james/lib directory and voila, it ran.
Hope this is useful.
Cheers
Ron

Re: Malformed manifest in commons-logging

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Hi,
I think it is better to post this message to phoenix developer list, we can
fix this
problem in logging, but it can be more problems with jars from "outside".
I am not sure, but it seems the last phoenix version doe's not parse
manifest file.