Posted to users@maven.apache.org by krrish516 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/12 09:11:18 UTC

Unable to Create maven project..

Hi All,

I'm trying to create Maven Project with my own custom archetype specifying
GroupId and Artifact Id from a reposuitory
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases..But,it after I
clicking finish,it is generating exceptions as

Unable to update central index of maven repo
and Failed to create Project
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginDescriptorCache$CacheKey.<init>(DefaultPluginDescriptorCache.java:165)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginDescriptorCache.createKey(DefaultPluginDescriptorCache.java:62)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getPluginDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:136)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:261)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:192)
        at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.getMojoParameterValue(MavenImpl.java:765)
        at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.jdt.internal.AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator.addProjectSourceFolders(AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator.java:248)
        at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.jdt.internal.AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator.configure(AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator.java:99)
        at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:57)
        at
org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericLifecycleMapping.configure(GenericLifecycleMapping.java:48)

Please suggest me what to do..Please..

Thanks
Krish

Re: Unable to Create maven project..

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> clicking finish,it is generating exceptions as
> org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.getMojoParameterValue(MavenImpl.java:765)

Your comment about "clicking finish" and the stacktrace show that you
are having problems with Maven in Eclipse, probably related to m2e.
Please take this to the proper support channel for m2e as this product
is not supported here.

http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/support/

Wayne