Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Phil Pinkerton <pc...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 15:01:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"

Need to convert "#" to "%23" when a # is in the URL path.

Example>  http://server.net/cgi-bin/application/app_1.pl?en=PROJECT_Name&pkn=20080526+-+Defect+#123456

This example shows in the http URL address just fine but beacuse of
the "#" is the first character in the defect sub-folder name the
actual page is not found because everything at the "#" is dropped.

How can I configure Apache to change the "#" in a path to its ascii
equivalent ( %23 ) ?

If I manually change it in the URL address line the page is displayed
just fine showing the folder content.

 Example2>  http://server.net/cgi-bin/application/app_1.pl?en=PROJECT_Name&pkn=20080526+-+Defect+%23123456

please advise

Phil

--
" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a
physical concept lies exclusively in its clear an unambiguous relation

Please Feed and Educate the Children... it's the least any of us can do.

Re: [users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"

Posted by Phil Pinkerton <pc...@gmail.com>.
It is the first character in a directory/folder name

i.e   /defect
        /#123456/details_1.txt
        /#234561/details_1.txt

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Phil Pinkerton <pc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

>  >  The point is, the # and following stuff never make it to the server;
>  >  they are eaten by the client.
>  >
>  >  To fix the problem, you need to look at where that URL is being
>  >  generated, and fix the generator to properly escape the #. It can't be
>  >  fixed once it has been sent to the client.

>  The address is built from a Perl Script

Great. Then you just need to fix the perl script to do proper URL escaping.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.
Phil Pinkerton wrote:

>The address is built from a Perl Script

So then the URL should be properly formatted by that script, if the
URL contains a special character, your script has the responsibility
of escaping it.

Dragon

Re: [users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"

Posted by Phil Pinkerton <pc...@gmail.com>.

[users@httpd] mod_status woes

Posted by Aaron Wallis <d2...@gmail.com>.
Hey there,

I've been using mod_status to keep an eye on several of my servers
traffic spikes for the past few months now, great stuff, loving it sick.
Since I've got a fair few servers to watch I was hoping to automate
the process and for some crazy reason, the "autp" status pages on my
servers aren't returning a valid status code in the header so the
app's i've been developing can't detect whether the site is up or
not....

i.e. (look at the response headers) http://www.viewmark.net.au/server-status?auto
  vs. http://www.apache.org/server-status?auto

I've scoured the web for any background, but alas... no cigar...
Has anyone encountered this before?

my httpd.conf additions look like this:
<Location /server-status>
	SetHandler server-status
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Location>
with extended status turned on.

- Az

Posted by Ashwani Kumar Sharma <As...@mindtree.com>.
I want to unsubscribe to this thread. Please help.

Thank you

Regards,
Ashwani Sharma
Mob: +91+9916454843
Off: +91-80-26264863

--

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.

Re: [users@httpd] Convert "#" to Ascii "%23"

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Emmanuel E <em...@gmx.net>.
yes free! check out http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/3829 and