Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Artem Krosheninnikov <ar...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/09 17:01:39 UTC

[maven-verifier-plugin] Thoughts on releasing new version

Hello there,

I was looking for a small task in maven area and found this page [1]

I've looked through plugins [2] and decided to switch maven-verifier-plugin
[3]

After cloning I found out that in master minimum version is already set to
3. Also there are no open issues.

There are some questions:

1) Is it reasonable to release a new version? Previous version was released
in 2015, it has an outdated site.
2) If yes, is it reasonable to leverage Java version to 1.8?

I've made a small PR with all things in one place [4], please have a look
and let me know what you think.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Plugin+migration+to+Maven3+dependencies
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html
[3] https://github.com/apache/maven-verifier-plugin/
[4] https://github.com/apache/maven-verifier-plugin/pull/1
--
Sincerely yours,
Krosheninnikov Artem.

Re: [maven-verifier-plugin] Thoughts on releasing new version

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
I suggest to start a [VOTE] for it as I did last year for other plugins.
There's a page that describes the actions[1] (I hope it is complete by now)
I would not go for a 3.0, just leave it as it is and spend your energy on other issues.

thanks,
Robert

[1] https://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html
On 12-1-2020 00:47:04, Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
thank you for this finding.
I've checked where we use that plugin and seams that we use
maven-invoker-plugin instead of this plugin.
Quicks scan on all maven project sources shows only 2 usages - 1 in Modello
and two cases in Maven integration tests.

I do not know how others, but we can quickly release just based on the
version based on Maven 3 and then retire plugin completely.
Or just vote to retire now and save time

Sylwester

pt., 10 sty 2020 o 07:56 Artem Krosheninnikov

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,