Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2013/08/20 10:46:13 UTC

Slow network performance with VRs using bnx2x network module

Hello guys,

i was wondering if anyone has managed to solve the issue of slow network performance using Broadcom NetXtreme network cards (bnx2x kernel module)? I've come across this issue where my network speed would not go above 7-10kb/s when I am running vms on the server with the above network card. Doing some googling i've discovered that adding "disable_tpa=1" to the module at load time is suppose to solve the problem.

I've tried that and it partially works. The virtual machines are no longer having this issue and I can get good network performance. however, if I have a virtual router running on the host server with that network card all traffic that routes through it is limited to 7-10kb/s. It seems to effect forwarding one way or another.

has anyone come across this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Re: Slow network performance with VRs using bnx2x network module

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
That's on KVM / Ubuntu 12.04 with qemu 1.5.0 and libvirt 1.0.2 backported.

Thanks

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Which hypervisor?