Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Smith <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/09 03:08:39 UTC

Server.xml Cleanup

Hi,

Ive successfully created a Tomcat 4.0.4 package that uses mod_jk to connect
to apache 1.3, and was just cleaning out the redundant bits of the
server.xml file. Im unsure about the references to WarpConnector however, is
this now redundant as I am using the mod_jk connector?, or does
warpconnector still communicate with apache some how? or should I repace
this with something specific to mod_jk?.

Any help appreciated

Cheers,

Here is the part of the server.xml file I am refering to

  <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to
-->
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->