Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/09 19:41:38 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-156 Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset tool

Hi, Everyone,

Since this is a relatively simple change, I would like to start the voting
process for KIP-156: Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset tool

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69410150

The vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.

Thanks,

Bharat

Re: [VOTE] KIP-156 Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset tool

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Eno,
Got info from the JIRA all tools and their parameters are public API.
So, I have started voting for this KIP.

Thanks,
Bharat

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
+1

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Eno,

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Eno,

Posted by Eno Thereska <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting.

KIP-156 has passed with +4 binding (Neha, Jay Kreps, Sriram Subramanian and
Gwen Shapira) and +3 non-binding (Eno Thereska, Matthias J. Sax and Bill
Bejeck)

Thanks,

Bharat Viswanadham

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting.

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting.

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <ra...@confluent.io>.
+1

Posted by Sriram Subramanian <ra...@confluent.io>.
+1

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1. Also not sure that adding a parameter to a CLI requires a KIP. It seems
> excessive.
>

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Everyone,
> > >
> > > Since this is a relatively simple change, I would like to start the
> > voting
> > > process for KIP-156: Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset
> > tool
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69410150
> > >

> > > The vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bharat

Neha

Re: [VOTE] KIP-156 Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset tool

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:32 PM Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1. Also not sure that adding a parameter to a CLI requires a KIP. It seems
> excessive.
>

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Everyone,
> > >
> > > Since this is a relatively simple change, I would like to start the
> > voting
> > > process for KIP-156: Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset
> > tool
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69410150
> > >

> > > The vote will run for a minimum of 72 hours.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bharat

Neha

Re: [VOTE] KIP-156 Add option "dry run" to Streams application reset tool

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1