Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by HGENTO <h-...@freenet.de> on 2007/05/25 13:52:05 UTC

unpack/unizp a complete zip file?

Hi,

how can I unzip a zip file with an sitemap instruction. I have access to
a special file with zip:/file.zip!/file.xml but I would like to have an
instruction to unzip the complete file.zip. Is there a easy way to do so
in Cocoon 2.1.? I did't found a answer on wiki as well as apache cocoon
homepage.

Regards,
Holger

Re: unpack/unizp a complete zip file?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.05.2007 21:39, HGENTO wrote:

> this sound good and I think I'll go for this solution. Correct me if I'm
> wrong but it could be realized by using a new map:action in the sitemap?

Yes, should be possible easily. You also have access to the request in
the action if it is an uploaded file.

Joerg

Posted by HGENTO <h-...@freenet.de>.
Hi,

this sound good and I think I'll go for this solution. Correct me if I'm
wrong but it could be realized by using a new map:action in the sitemap?

Best regards,
H.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi H.,

It is not as complex as it might look, but you must extend the ZipSource
component to make it work. I added the following code in the
getInputStream function:

	        String xml = "<?xml version=\"1.0\"
encoding=\"utf-8\"?>\n<zip:archive xmlns:zip=\"" + ZIP_NAMESPACE + "\"
name=\"" + this.archive.getURI() + "\">\n";

            ZipEntry document = null;
	        do {
	            document = zipStream.getNextEntry();
	            if (document != null) {
	                xml += "  <zip:entry name=\"" +
document.getName() + "\" />\n";
	                zipStream.closeEntry();
	            }
	        } while (document != null);

	        xml += "</zip:archive>\n";

	        return new ByteArrayInputStream(xml.getBytes("utf-8"));

As you can see, this returns a list of socalled zip:entry elements with
the names WITH (sub)path of the documents inside the zip (zip entries)
as name attribute of these elements. Simple but effective. You will also
need to change the ZipSourceFactory to identify when to return a zip
entry listing and when to return actual file contents.

The fun thing is that you can use the zip protocol itself to get both
the zip entry listing and the actual file contents. What I usually do is
start a pipeline match with a generate to get the zip entry listing. I
then call an XSL to which I pass the URN that provided the zip entry
listing. The XSL changes each zip:entry into a save:file element and
takes as src attribute the URN for the zip, extended with the specific
name of the zip:entry. As target you can do as you like. I typically
have a global variable data-dir, to which I write. But you could write
to Temp as well, or to a path that is provided as request-param.

The SaveFilesTransformer simply uses the zip protocol to get access to
the contents of each zip entry, as you specified with your XSL. The
transformer does not care at all where contents is coming from, that is
the beauty.

The only bottleneck might be that empty directories might not come out.
Directories are not stored as zip entries if I am correct.

HTH,
Geert

Posted by HGENTO <h-...@freenet.de>.
Hi Geert Jorsten,