Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hajo Locke <Ha...@gmx.de> on 2019/02/20 13:58:20 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP Method Patch

Hello list,

this is Apache 2.4.34

I was asked if Apache is supporting HTTP Request Methode PATCH.
To be honest i did not really found something useful in the web.
Is Apache supporting this method and is an additionally modul required?
Iam not aware of allowing or forbidding PATCH in httpd.conf

Thanks,
Hajo

Re: [users@httpd] Re: HTTP Method Patch

Posted by Hajo Locke <Ha...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

Am 21.02.2019 um 05:29 schrieb Christophe JAILLET:
> Le 20/02/2019 à 14:58, Hajo Locke a écrit :
>> Hello list,
>>
>> this is Apache 2.4.34
>>
>> I was asked if Apache is supporting HTTP Request Methode PATCH.
>> To be honest i did not really found something useful in the web.
>> Is Apache supporting this method and is an additionally modul required?
>> Iam not aware of allowing or forbidding PATCH in httpd.conf
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hajo
>

> Hi,
>
> httpd "understand" the PATCH method (i.e. directive such as
> "AllowMethods PATCH" is accepted), but will do nothing with it.
> No modules is provided with httpd to handle the PATCH method.
>
> It is likely that a 405 error ("Method Not Allowed") will be returned,
> unless a third party module able to handle such a method is installed.
Thank you.

> (sorry for the double post, I replied in the wrong list)
>
> CJ

Hajo

[users@httpd] Re: HTTP Method Patch

Posted by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.