Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Gustafson, Tim" <tj...@meitech.com> on 2005/04/19 16:33:49 UTC

Fixing Incorrect ATIME Values

Hello

I know that this is a persistent issue, and I can't seem to get a good
resolution to it.  I am running SpamAssassin 2.64 on FreeBSD 4.11.  I
cannot upgrade to SpamAssassin 3.0.

My sa-learn --dump magic looks like this:

0.000          0          2          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0      28973          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0      13281          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     843437          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000          0  946706866          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000          0 2060196494          0  non-token data: newest atime
0.000          0 1113920686          0  non-token data: last journal
sync atime
0.000          0 1113880282          0  non-token data: last expiry
atime
0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: last expire
atime delta
0.000          0          0          0  non-token data: last expire
reduction count

Because my newest atime entry is so far in the future, expiring tokens
never works.  I have tried to use the db-to-text.pl by Andy Spiegl to
dump the tokens to a text file and then re-import them into the DB file,
but that seems to do nothing: after I run his script, my newest atime is
exactly the same.  Incidentally, if I run his script to dump the tokens
to a text file, and then delete the bayes_toks file, and then run the
import from his script, it does NOTHING - the database has ZERO tokens
in it after I do this, which leads me to believe that maybe I'm doing
something wrong, or maybe his script doesn't work on FreeBSD for some
reason or something?

What I want to know is has anyone else conquered this problem?
Shouldn't it be pretty easy to write a perl script to go through the
database and change the invalid atimes in-place rather than dumping them
to a text file and then back into the database again?  I would do it
myself, but I'm not that good at perl and I don't want to do something
that's going to break my whole system.

Tim Gustafson
MEI Technology Consulting, Inc
tjg@meitech.com