Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/31 10:11:52 UTC

Error getting value from the database for display of field [contentName] on form [ListContent]

Hi All, I found the problem when I got the data from content table( DB2 as
the database), if thrown this exception:
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://common/widget/CommonScreens.xml#GlobalDecorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error getting value from the database
for display of field [contentName] on form [ListContent]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing
the following:SELECT CONTENT_TYPE_ID, OWNER_CONTENT_ID,
DECORATOR_CONTENT_ID, INSTANCE_OF_CONTENT_ID, DATA_RESOURCE_ID,
TEMPLATE_DATA_RESOURCE_ID, DATA_SOURCE_ID, STATUS_ID, PRIVILEGE_ENUM_ID,
SERVICE_NAME, CONTENT_NAME, DESCRIPTION, LOCALE_STRING, MIME_TYPE_ID,
CHARACTER_SET_ID, CHILD_LEAF_COUNT, CHILD_BRANCH_COUNT, CREATED_DATE,
CREATED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_MODIFIED_DATE, LAST_MODIFIED_BY_USER_LOGIN,
LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP
FROM OFBIZ.CONTENT WHERE CONTENT_ID=? (DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302,
SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC: null) (Error getting value from the database for
display of field [contentName] on form [ListContent]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing
the following:SELECT CONTENT_TYPE_ID, OWNER_CONTENT_ID,
DECORATOR_CONTENT_ID, INSTANCE_OF_CONTENT_ID, DATA_RESOURCE_ID,
TEMPLATE_DATA_RESOURCE_ID, DATA_SOURCE_ID, STATUS_ID, PRIVILEGE_ENUM_ID,
SERVICE_NAME, CONTENT_NAME, DESCRIPTION, LOCALE_STRING, MIME_TYPE_ID,
CHARACTER_SET_ID, CHILD_LEAF_COUNT, CHILD_BRANCH_COUNT, CREATED_DATE,
CREATED_BY_USER_LOGIN, LAST_MODIFIED_DATE, LAST_MODIFIED_BY_USER_LOGIN,
LAST_UPDATED_STAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP, CREATED_STAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP
FROM OFBIZ.CONTENT WHERE CONTENT_ID=? (DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -302,
SQLSTATE: 22001, SQLERRMC: null))

I digg in this and found the reason: It'll thrown this exeception if the
length of contentName is more then 20, it work fine if not.

Why???

Re: Error getting value from the database for display of field [contentName] on form [ListContent]

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.
it seems cause by:
 <display-entity entity-name="Content" description="${contentName}"
key-field-name="contentId">
                <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
            </display-entity>
in the ContentForms.xml, how this work? why the length of contentName is
more than 20 will cause this exeception?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there may be two issues here.
1) does the rendering use the entity value or the field def as the
primary len for a display field. this is definately something to discuss
here.
2) Most db work with ofbiz and the 20 char length is not a problem.
So this leaves DB problem at the driver level. This is not a ofbiz
problem and should be covered in the db2 support groups.

guo weizhan sent the following on 2/21/2008 12:05 AM:

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.
any body can help this?

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.