Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Pezhman Lali <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/08 08:54:04 UTC

reconfigure without restart

hi
  How can I Reconfigure SpamAssassin , with new local.cf 's items, without kill and run spamd ?
  thanks
  Pezhman

---------------------------------

Re: reconfigure without restart

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Pezhman Lali wrote:
> hi
> How can I Reconfigure SpamAssassin , with new local.cf 's items,
> without kill and run spamd ?
For all practical purposes, you can't.

The closest you can get is to send spamd a SIGHUP, which is more-or-less
the same as restarting it. (ie: spamd's PID may change)

Spamd will re-read user_prefs files on a per-message basis, but in order
to achieve a reasonable level of efficiency, all of the .pre and .cf
files are only read at startup.