Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Joshi, Pavankumar" <Jo...@fast.au.fujitsu.com> on 2014/11/04 07:09:32 UTC

mobilespec 3.6.3 contact test case failing and JIRA raised

Hello Devs,

Please can you look at the below mail. I am constantly getting contact.save()(already existing contact) method test failure.
If I apply the patch as mentioned in JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5308 pickContacts API fails.
But without the patch conact.save()(already existing contact) method always fails.

I observed that the query to retrieve the contact which already exists RAWCONTACTS_ID is used
This is implemented in onActivityResult() in ContactManager.java

if (requestCode == CONTACT_PICKER_RESULT) {
            if (resultCode == Activity.RESULT_OK) {
                String contactId = intent.getData().getLastPathSegment();
                // to populate contact data we require  Raw Contact ID
                // so we do look up for contact raw id first
                Cursor c =  this.cordova.getActivity().getContentResolver().query(RawContacts.CONTENT_URI,
                            new String[] {RawContacts._ID}, RawContacts.CONTACT_ID + " = " + contactId, null, null);

The patch suggested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5308 also suggests the same.

Can you please suggest if the patch is valid or not and if the JIRA will be taken up to resolve?

Thanks and Regards
Pavan Joshi