Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by Just Lurker <gm...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/03 22:39:17 UTC

Subtraction/Intersection syntax

Does ORO support the subtraction/intersection functionality?

I  have been trying to use the following regular expression without
much success, for validating user-id's using the RFC-2486 standard.

^[^[[:ascii:]&&[:cntrl:]\u0020\\<>\"\[\].,;:@]]*$

Essentially, in the above expression, I am expecting to allow all
ascii characters except for control characters, space and any one of
those punctuation characters.

Any suggestions on how to implement this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Subtraction/Intersection syntax

Posted by Just Lurker <gm...@gmail.com>.
The expression in my previous post should read

Thanks.