Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mn <zm...@kkidppo.ru> on 2014/01/24 08:07:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Vhosts behind NAT

Could anybody help me?
I try to configure apache virtual hosts after NAT. THere are two name
(like abc.dom.com and cde.dom.com) which refer to the same external
address. This address is given to wan-port of a gateway and assigned to
be NAT to internal address where apache is up with ports 80 to 80.
Does it possible to configure the apache so it distinguishes name abc.*
and cde.* (used by clients externally) and returns different pages
(provided two <VirtualHost>s are configured)?
Which Directives are imlpemented in the case? Or, maybe, the example of
such httpd.conf?

M. Zatsepin

Re: [users@httpd] Vhosts behind NAT

Posted by Pete Houston <ph...@openstrike.co.uk>.
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:07:35AM +0400, mn wrote:
> Does it possible to configure the apache so it distinguishes name
> abc.* and cde.* (used by clients externally) and returns different
> pages (provided two <VirtualHost>s are configured)?
> Which Directives are imlpemented in the case? Or, maybe, the example
> of such httpd.conf?

Yes, it is possible. This is called "Name-based virtual hosting" and you
can read all about it in the Apache documentation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/name-based.html

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107