Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Keiger <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/07 18:33:08 UTC

Passing Apache Groups to Tomcat using JK

Hello,
   I searched the archive of this list (and several
others), but I could not figure out how to pass the
groups of a user from Apache (on Win2k) to Tomcat
using JK(2).  I can successfully pass the remote user,
and I have seen IIS pass groups to Tomcat via JK2, but
I can't seem to do it with Apache.  Any suggestions?

I imagine that I can set up an external authorization
scheme in Apache and have Tomcat call into that (LDAP
perhaps), but I'd rather have all my
authentication/authorization done in Apache.

Thanks!

James Keiger