Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2012/12/11 10:42:57 UTC

Using variables in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

I have a use case where I want to move the list of boot features (the
"featuresBoot" property) from "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg" into
"custom.properties". The reason is that our custom server comes with a
great number of features but each customer only uses some of them. To allow
for easy customisation (and upgrades) I put everything related to a
specific installation in a custom.properties file (that I put outside the
Karaf home directory). I can then  easily see how this installation is
customised and I can easily upgrade by simply replacing the entire Karaf
installation and keep the customisation (since it is located outside Karaf).

However, it seems I cannot use variables defined in "custom.properties"
in "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg". In fact, I cannot even define a
variable in "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg" and then use it in the same
file.

How come? Isn't FileInstall used for
parsing "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg"?

How can I use custom variables in "org.apache.karaf.features.cfg"?

I use Karaf 2.3.0 with Java 6 on Windows 7.

/Bengt

Re: Using variables in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Bengt,

we will take a look.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Using variables in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.

/Bengt

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.