Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Peschier J. (Jeroen)" <j....@nedasco.nl> on 2005/11/14 15:04:08 UTC

Deploy source jar to repository

I managed to create a jar with the source code for each of our artifacts
with the maven-source-plugin. However, reading this plugin's
documentation I don't see any way to:

A) install/deploy the source jar to the repository, and

B) link the source jar to its corresponding ejb/war/jar-artifact in the
repository, and

C) have the maven-eclipse-plugin generate an Eclipse classpath where
each dependency will have the appropriate source jar referenced.

The maven-eclipse-plugin appears to need configuration of an
artifactFactory and artifactResolver to assist in locating the source
jars. I could not find any documentation or example on how to do this.
Has anyone managed to get steps A, B and C implemented? As it is now you
can't step through any code outside the project source because the
dependencies have no source attachment...

Re: Deploy source jar to repository

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@gmail.com>.
On 11/14/05, Peschier J. (Jeroen) <j....@nedasco.nl> wrote:
> A) install/deploy the source jar to the repository, and

Just run mvn deploy after the source jar generation:
mvn source:jar deploy

> B) link the source jar to its corresponding ejb/war/jar-artifact in the
> repository, and

Handled by the deploy goal, the source jar will sit near to the binary
artifact with a -sources suffix.

> C) have the maven-eclipse-plugin generate an Eclipse classpath where
> each dependency will have the appropriate source jar referenced.

run mvn -Declipse.downloadSources=true eclipse:eclipse
(the current released version has a bug so that sources already
available in the local repo are not added if you don't specify
eclipse.downloadSources=true)

fabrizio