Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/08/22 09:15:37 UTC

SpellCheck Component does not work for certain words

Hi,

Im using Solr 1.4.0 version and tried to use spellcheck component by doing
the following changes in solrconfig.xml

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
<lst name="spellchecker">
    <str name="classname">solr.IndexBasedSpellChecker</str>
    <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./spellchekerFile1</str>
    <str name="field">spell</str>
    <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
  </lst>
</searchComponent>

and included the below in the standard request handler to enable spell check

	<arr name="last-components">
    		<str>spellcheck</str>
  	</arr>

We have used copyfield for the spell field in schema.xml to contain all the
data from the other fields. The search is working fine with certain queries.
When we try to search for "dep", it does not give any suggestions.

but, when we search for "depo" there are results which contains "dep" also.
Can you tell me why is that the suggestions are fetched when we query as
"dep"?

Should we use solr.WordBreakSolrSpellChecker to get the indented results? If
so, can you guide us on the required config changes?

Please guide me on this

Thanks

Re: SpellCheck Component does not work for certain words

Posted by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

Just few things to add up, I found that when we search for less than or
equal to 3 letters I'm not able to get any suggestions and also when I
search for "finding", I dont get any suggestions related to it even though i
have search results regarding the same.

But when i Search for "findingg" i get suggestions for it and one of the
suggestions is "finding" and in this case the search results are zero.

Can you tell me if this is the way the spell check is intended to work or am
I going wrong some where?

Thanks