Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by kanaka <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/17 16:31:44 UTC

Rolling upgrade from 1.x to 2.x for cluster with Dynamic coprocessors on table

Hi Team,

I am analyzing Rolling Upgrade support from HBase 1.3 to 2.2.2.
We have some tables uses dynamic co-processor jars

As I understand code from
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost only one jar from
the HDFS path is loaded. There is no provision to provide alternative HDFS
paths to handle the RS which is not upgraded yet.

For example if jars are upgraded in HDFS path, 1.x RS yet to be upgraded
fails to load CP class (if restarted due to crash). Otherway if jars are not
upgraded, 2.x RS fails.

Please help me find if there is any mechanism to handle this problem.

Regards,
Kanaka

--
Sent from: http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/HBase-Developer-f679493.html

Re: Rolling upgrade from 1.x to 2.x for cluster with Dynamic coprocessors on table

Posted by kanaka <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean Busbey, thanks for the reply but configuring hbase-site.xml the
static way.
My query is for dynamic loading where configured in table schema described
at https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_dynamic_loading

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
The path to the dynamic coprocessor jars is something you can configure in
hbase-site.xml. maintain different path configs for the RS that are still
1.y compared to those that are 2.y.