Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net> on 2002/08/14 14:25:51 UTC

limits POP3

How can I limit the POP3's box to 10Mbytes for each user?
I don't find the line in the config.xml file.

Thanks you
Bicnic

RE: Where can I find James packages ??!§

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Or download the current source distribution, which is what it is there
for...

Posted by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net>.
I try to use some classes & method from James packages

eg : org.apache.james.Constants.SERVER_NAMES

But I can't compil my program because it don't find the packages. Iwould
like to configure my $CLASSPATH but I don't find the packages on my computer
!!

Must I download them ? and where, I didn't find them on the Apache site !!

thanks
Bicnic

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Matt Lachance <ma...@cs-live.com>.
At 04:01 PM 8/14/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > once you perform the calculation and determine that an incoming email will
> > exceed your space limit, call
> >
> >          mail.setState(Mail.GHOST)
>
>what ?
>I didn't find this method. (not in the James API, Javamail and J2EE API..)

mailet API

> > to consume the mail.
> > if you want, you can even send a reply to the sender first.
> >
> > in other words, you have to write a mailet. :-)
>
>I don't understand very well what is mailet.... (i'm a newbie in James).

a mailet is a "plug-in" which extends the functionality of James.
please read the documentation at the site, FAQs and previous messages in
this user group.
a good start on the site is Documentation|Configuration|Mailets.
i'm not aware of any better documentation other than what's on the site.

you can also download the src and look at LocalDelivery.java as a good example.
good luck.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Matt Lachance <ma...@cs-live.com>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net>.

RE: limits POP3

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
This feature is not yet in James.  There are plans to do it after revising
the UserRepository, but if someone wants to volunteer to help ...

	--- Noel

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Matt Lachance <ma...@cs-live.com>.
i needed this functionality also but couldn't find anything in James.
so i implemented myself in mailet by executing a "SUM(LENGTH(" query.

i did this every 10th email received (or so) for the mail account in question.

not pretty and not without effort.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Christian Myrvold <ch...@myrvold.info>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Airton <ai...@unitau.br>.
I've sent messages with more than a hundred of files but the total message
size hasn't reached the limit I've set on config, i.e., the sum of file
sizes attached to the message was less than that set on config...

But I'd like to know about a mailbox size limit, too...

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Christian Myrvold <ch...@myrvold.info>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Bicnic <mo...@laposte.net>.

Re: limits POP3

Posted by Airton <ai...@unitau.br>.
Look for this on config.xml:

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: limits POP3

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Can't be done at present.
The maxmessagesize won't limit the size of mailboxes, only the maximum size
of an individual message entering the system