Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Roy Fielding <fi...@beach.w3.org> on 1995/08/20 05:46:48 UTC

almost happy

I installed 0.8.10 on my test server and applied the following
patches (in order):

   patch10.config-cleanup
   patch10.access_cleanup
   patch10.dir-cmd-tab
   patch10.dir-index
   patch10.scripta-rst
   patch10.solaris-loop
   patch10.wild-dirs

All patches applied cleanly and compiled fine.  The result is a
nicely running server at <http://avron.ics.uci.edu/>.

Unfortunately ....

   access control doesn't seem to work at all now.  :(

   I can't disable user dirs;
   I can't disable FollowSymLinks;
   SymLinksIfOwnerMatch has no effect at all.

In fact, nothing I've tried so far has failed, including

   http://avron.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/../../../

which just gives me the server home page.

oh,   http://avron.ics.uci.edu/Test/garbage

does fail, so at least it won't serve nonexistant files.
I'll see if I can find the problem tomorrow.

Other than that, it works great.  ;-)

.....Roy