Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Terence Coffey <te...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/03/12 01:15:01 UTC

RE: axis2:-) not seeing validation or administrator links from axis2

Hi Konstantin and Chuck,
Almost there, another few steps taken.

- No, It was a new installation. I think these extra files you mentioned
 were a misguided attempt by me
to deploy the axis2.war file using the exploded directory format to
resolve my initial problem of msvc(tomcat) not being able to write to the file system. I should have created a directory and then unzipped it inside this directory. I've removed the two directories WEB-INF and META-INF.

- This file does not exist anymore in /tmp and the error below is no longer being reported.
10-Mar-2010 22:42:52 org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.TempFileManager
> <clinit>
> INFO: TempFileManager::unable to delete /tmp/axis2-tmp-
> 6334442305603549214.tmp

- http://localhost:8080/axis2/
I can now see the validation and administrator link.
I added the manager role to the login user for the Tomcat Manager. I can
now view the Axis 2 Happiness page and access the axis 2 administration area.

When I click on available modules in the axis 2 administrator area i see the following. Is this Ok?
I was expecting to see a "soap monitor 1.1"  and  addressing 1.1 as
shown in http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/webadminguide.html. The output
is as follows?

    * metadataExchange : module description not found
    * mtompolicy : This is the MTOM policy module. It is engaged when we have MTOM policy assertion.
    * ping : module description not found
    * addressing : This is the WS-Addressing implementation on Axis2, supporting the WS-Addressing 1.0 Recommendation, as well as the Submission version (2004/08).
    * soapmonitor : module description not found
    * script : module description not found

I have managed to deploy the axis2 sample StockQuoteService application :-)
I can now successfully retrieve data using http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService/getPrice?symbol=IBM
but it's not nicely formatted on the screen.

2 further questions
1. How do I associate style information with the XML file so it's nicely
formatted on the screen ?

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<ns:getPriceResponse>
<ns:return>42.0</ns:return>
</ns:getPriceResponse>                 "

2.In the  http://ws.apache.org/axis2/index.html page, under the programming model , WSDL 2.0 is listed.
Can you confirm that WSDL 2.0 is currently supported in this release ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Terence Coffey
<te...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> 2 further questions
> 1. How do I associate style information with the XML file so it's nicely
> formatted on the screen ?

Normally you don't -- XML is for machine consumption.

If you want it turned into (X)HTML for display in a browser, use XSLT.

twitter: @hassan

RE: axis2:-) not seeing validation or administrator links from axis2

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Terence Coffey [mailto:terence_j_coffey@yahoo.co.uk]
> Subject: RE: axis2:-) not seeing validation or administrator links from
> axis2

> I've removed the two directories WEB-INF and META-INF.

You need to remove the other files and directories I pointed out as well.

> When I click on available modules in the axis 2 administrator area i
> see the following.

At this point, it doesn't look like any of the issues or concerns you have are related to Tomcat, but instead on how to configure and use the Axis2 webapp.  You're likely to get more informative answers from an Axis2 support group.

 - Chuck