Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by "Fotiadis, Konstantinos" <ko...@lmco.com> on 2011/10/06 00:35:46 UTC

Using OpenNLP

Hello all!

Is there a place to download the JAR files for OpenNLP and some sample code to implement the Java API? We are on a time crunch with a project and really would like to use it but don't have time to setup the entire development environment. Thoughts?

Thanks, Kosta
Senior Software Engineer
Advanced IRAD Lead
Innovation Technology Group
Lockheed Martin

Re: Using OpenNLP

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'd also suggest some type of development environment...
Netbeans and Eclipse work well with the project.  And shouldn't take
much time to install.

Unless all you want and need can be accomplished simply.  Then notepad
or notepad++ and manually building a mvn project for your project
wouldn't be too difficult.  But regardless you will need the JDK and/or
the JRE.

James

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: POS Tags

Posted by "Fotiadis, Konstantinos" <ko...@lmco.com>.
Great! Thank you so much for helping me so much! Am I missing that link in the documentation?

Also, I found some slight differences in the value returned from the OpenNLP API and what is defined. Seems to be a perfect matchup, so I assume that the constants used just need updating or they just changed the definition. Are the rows that are different equivalent values?

Penn Treebank Tag Set Definition

Produced by OpenNLP API

MATCH?

Tag

Definition

Tag

#

#

#

MATCH

$

Currency

$

MATCH

''

Double Quote

''

MATCH

,

Comma

,

MATCH

-LRB-

Left Bracket

-LRB-

MATCH

-RRB-

Right Bracket

-RRB-

MATCH

.

Period

.

MATCH

:

Colon

:

MATCH

CC

Coordinating conjunction

CC

MATCH

CD

Cardinal number

CD

MATCH

DT

Determiner

DT

MATCH

EX

Existential there

EX

MATCH

FW

Foreign word

FW

MATCH

IN

Preposition or subordinating conjunction

IN

MATCH

JJ

Adjective

JJ

MATCH

JJR

Adjective, comparative

JJR

MATCH

JJS

Adjective, superlative

JJS

MATCH

LS

List item marker

LS

MATCH

MD

Modal

MD

MATCH

NN

Noun, singular or mass

NN

MATCH

NNS

Noun, plural

NNP

DIFFERENT

NP

Proper noun, singular

NNPS

DIFFERENT

NPS

Proper noun, plural

NNS

DIFFERENT

PDT

Predeterminer

PDT

MATCH

POS

Possessive ending

POS

MATCH

PP

Personal pronoun

PRP

DIFFERENT

PP$

Possessive pronoun

PRP$

DIFFERENT

RB

Adverb

RB

MATCH

RBR

Adverb, comparative

RBR

MATCH

RBS

Adverb, superlative

RBS

MATCH

RP

Particle

RP

MATCH

SYM

Symbol

SYM

MATCH

MATCH

UH

Interjection

UH

MATCH

VB

Verb, base form

VB

MATCH

VBD

Verb, past tense

VBD

MATCH

VBG

Verb, gerund or present participle

VBG

MATCH

VBN

Verb, past participle

VBN

MATCH

VBP

Verb, non-3rd person singular present

VBP

MATCH

VBZ

Verb, 3rd person singular present

VBZ

MATCH

WDT

Wh-determiner

WDT

MATCH

WP

Wh-pronoun

WP

MATCH

WP$

Possessive wh-pronoun

WP$

MATCH

WRB

Wh-adverb

WRB

MATCH

``

Double Slanted Quote

``

MATCH

Posted by György Chityil <gy...@gmail.com>.
I have been using these:
http://bulba.sdsu.edu/jeanette/thesis/PennTags.html

--
Gyuri
274 44 98

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: POS Tags

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: POS Tags

Re: POS Tags

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

POS Tags

RE: EXTERNAL: Re: Using OpenNLP

Posted by "Fotiadis, Konstantinos" <ko...@lmco.com>.
That worked! I thought for sure I had downloaded the BIN version, but I didn't! Found the jars! Sample code is working...

I'll start a fresh thread for my next question...

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Here is the download link:

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Fotiadis, Konstantinos" <ko...@lmco.com>.