Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Shruthi M R <sh...@apache.org> on 2018/12/21 12:03:31 UTC

Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org

Hi All,

My previous attempts to post to the apache announce was unsuccessful. So I
requested them to share the specific reason for rejection.
Below is the reply from the group,

 "The announcement contains direct links to the mirrors.
However these do not give access to the KEYS, sigs and hashes which are
needed for verification.
It is important that downloaders are reminded to verify downloads.
*Whilst the download page contains links to hashes and sigs it does not
contain the KEYS or verification instructions.*
It's also quite difficult to find the download links as is part of quite a
long page."

Based on the reply I will remove the link to -
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/fineract/1.2.0/apache-fineract-1.2.0-binary.tar.gz>
. But it looks like we need to update our website to include other
mentioned points.

Kindly advise

Thank You,

*Shruthi M R*

> I am not able to figure out why this announcement was returned, I thought
> the mail fulfilled all the criteria listed.
> Kindly let me know the reason for rejecting the announcement, so that I
> can correct it and post to the group again.

The announcement contains direct links to the mirrors.
However these do not give access to the KEYS, sigs and hashes which are
needed for verification.

It is important that downloaders are reminded to verify downloads.

Whilst the download page contains links to hashes and sigs it does not
contain the KEYS or verification instructions.
It's also quite difficult to find the download links as is part of quite a
long page.

Sebb