Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Frederic Branczyk <fb...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/05 18:04:01 UTC

[Go] Cannot find pqarrow module

Hello,

I was reading through the Go Arrow documentation, and in particular I was
searching for parquet to arrow (and vice versa) conversion, when I stumbled
upon this line:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/5bacdeaf290e833948e002e529a7ef070c8577e6/go/parquet/doc.go#L44

It describes that there is a module called "pqarrow" but even after
searching through the whole repository and extensive google searching I
couldn't find this.

What am I missing? Did this potentially move and the docs just need some
updating? If so, where did they move to?

Best regards,
Frederic

RE: [Go] Cannot find pqarrow module

Posted by Matthew Topol <mt...@factset.com>.
Awesome thanks much! So far the only usage of that has been internally at work where I developed it and it’s worked very well for us so far (which is what led to me contributing the Parquet library in the first place). So any feedback on it is much appreciated and will absolutely be taken into account!

Same goes for any questions you may happen across when trying to use it! Looking forward to any feedback you may have, and feel free to ask any other questions you may come across when using the library. Make sure you’re using the github.com/apache/arrow/go/v6/…. Import paths for the most recent release, and the v7 if you want to use the bleeding edge (which you’d need if you point it at my branch).

Posted by Frederic Branczyk <fb...@gmail.com>.