Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ivan Pechorin <iv...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 15:46:29 UTC

ActiveMQ C++: warning "deletion of pointer to incomplete type"

Hello

The latest version of ActiveMQ C++ client (3.1.0) gives the following
warning (multiple times) when compiling it with Visual C++ 2008 SP1 on
Win32:

1>SimpleLogger.cpp
1>c:\dev_vc9\activemq\activemq-cpp\src\main\decaf/lang/Pointer.h(357) :
warning C4150: deletion of pointer to incomplete type
'decaf::lang::ThreadProperties'; no destructor called
1>        c:\dev_vc9\activemq\activemq-cpp\src\main\decaf/lang/Thread.h(39)
: see declaration of 'decaf::lang::ThreadProperties'
1>
c:\dev_vc9\activemq\activemq-cpp\src\main\decaf/lang/Pointer.h(356) : while
compiling class template member function 'void
decaf::lang::Pointer<T>::onDeleteFunc(T *)'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            T=decaf::lang::ThreadProperties
1>        ]
1>        c:\dev_vc9\activemq\activemq-cpp\src\main\decaf/lang/Thread.h(73)
: see reference to class template instantiation 'decaf::lang::Pointer<T>'
being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            T=decaf::lang::ThreadProperties
1>        ]

Could this be dangerous?

I created project and solution files for VC2008 using standard convertion
procedure from VC2005 files shipped with the source distribution. In
addition to that, I disabled built-in wchar_t, but this change couldn't be
the reason of the warning.

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQ C++: warning "deletion of pointer to incomplete type"

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 06:59 -0800, Ivan Pechorin wrote:
> By the way, is it the right place for such questions, or is it better to open
> JIRA issue?

Sure, its fine to ask here.  I do encourage our users to open issues as
well though, since things can sometimes get lost or missed on the
mailing list.  Once its in Jira its hard to forget about it.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: ActiveMQ C++: warning "deletion of pointer to incomplete type"

Posted by Ivan Pechorin <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jkirby <jk...@gmail.com>.
I saw this too with Visual Studio 2005 but only when I compiled the 'Dll'
configurations (debug and release show this).

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Pechorin <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.