Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ben McCann <bm...@google.com> on 2009/10/25 23:37:45 UTC

Building / running Shindig from source

Hi,
I'm trying to build and run Shindig from source following the instructions
posted <http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/developers/java/build.html> on
the Apache site.  I set it up a launch configuration in Eclipse by doing the
following: Run --> External Tools --> External Tools Configurations... -->
Program -> New launch configuration and pointed it to Maven and to my
Eclipse project.   When run, it prints "Listening for transport dt_socket at
address: 4000" to the console.  So I tried to visit
http://localhost:4000/gadgets/files/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html but
all I get is a blank white page.
I'm not sure how to debug this or figure out what is going wrong.  Any ideas
on how I can troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Ben