Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Felipe Kamakura <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/26 20:00:08 UTC

Partial Archetype and Sub-Modules

Hello all,

I was reading about the new *maven-archetype-plugin 2.0* and there is
something about Partial Archetype for creating sub-modules.
Unfortunately the documentation is not available. Could anyone explain me
how this works and how to use this feature?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Partial Archetype and Sub-Modules

Posted by Felipe Kamakura <fe...@gmail.com>.
Raphaël,

I understood your explanation, but I don't know yet how do I create a
Partial Archetype based in one of my project's module?

Suppose I have a main archetype here with basic modules:
- myapp
 - myapp-ear
 - myapp-core
 - myapp-core-client

What I want is to be able to Enhance this project with another modules, like
for instance a myapp-web, myapp-config.

Based on an existing projects with lots of modules, how can I make them
become partial archetypes?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felipe,