Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jiří Šváb <ji...@seznam.cz> on 2002/02/20 23:47:53 UTC

page loading hangs

Hello,

Sorry for my english....
i have problem with apache 1.3.19 on RedHat Linux 7.1.
There are 18 virtual domains.
Web page is loading very slow on one of them.
After loading some pictures loading hangs. On status bar is
still message: opening page menu.htm  ....  There are
picture unavailable-icons after few minutes. No new error
message in error.log.
It is the same after click on refresh button. (sometimes one
more picture is loaded after that)

Where can be my problem?

J.Svab

Re: page loading hangs

Posted by Jirí Sváb <ji...@seznam.cz>.
:-)))) thanks

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Re: page loading hangs

Posted by "John K. Burroughs" <bu...@seanet.com>.
geez, my first post to the list and it's off-topic.

As far as I know, there is *no* reliable way to control font sizes in HTML
text:
  <big> is unreliable, and extremely browser-dependent.
  style sheets are great, if your browser supports them.

I use <font>, which only seems to fail in N6.  A really first-class
solution is to write it both ways, use JavaScript to detect what the
browser is, and then show/hide <div> or <iframe> sections to display the
correct one.  Or render to .gif yourself and send that, which is common but
horrible.

See also validator.w3.org for a page that checks your HTML for correctness.

-- jkb

Re: page loading hangs

Re: page loading hangs

Re: page loading hangs

Re: page loading hangs

Re: page loading hangs

two function in one box? (ssl+loadb)

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.

Gretings,

My research shows that  generally SSL accelerator appliances
come in one box and so do the load-balancing appliances.

Meaning that there  is no hardware appliance  on the market
that is both SSL accelerator and load-balancer in one box?

If you know  whether or not there is  such an appliance, please
email me with the vendor's name.

Thanks,
Farid
UNM