Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2018/09/03 12:17:50 UTC

Time to make a release?

All,

It's probably about time we made a release - shockingly, it's been nearly a
year since the last one.

We want to start the release train towards a 1.0 release, but I think we
could benefit from an interim release first, given that the paint is still
drying on the new UI. Therefore I propose a "milestone 1" release,
1.0.0-M1. I'm happy to volunteer to be release manager on this one.

Thoughts, comments, +1 or -1?

Cheers
Richard

Re: Time to make a release?

Posted by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Richard.

Yesterday evening, I fixed a regression (in detecting recursive
references in entity config). The PR has now been merged [1]. It would
be a nice-to-have to include this in the milestone release, but it's not
a blocker.

If you haven't kicked off the build, could you cherry-pick this please
(assuming you agree).

But if you have already built it, then let's only pull in this PR if we
need to produce a second release candidate for other reasons.

Aled

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/987

Re: Time to make a release?

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.