Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com> on 2009/08/26 05:27:52 UTC

Getting duplicate mojo extraction errors in maven-plugin-plugin

When trying to run mvn site on a multi-module project which contains a Maven plugin project, I'm getting the "Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'Goal: XXX already exists in the plugin descriptor for prefix: YYY" error. This is described in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-224 and http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-145. Both those issues are marked as Fixed. I tried downgrading to javadoc 2.2, to no avail.

I also tried a few different Maven versions (2.2.1, 2.2.0, 2.1.0, and 2.0.10) as I've done site generation on this project a few times already without issue, but it seems to be pervasive.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Justin