Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Linares, Eduardo" <ED...@ngc.com> on 2006/04/05 19:17:58 UTC

Security Exception running sysinfo/ij

Hello,
I just installed Derby and set my CLASSPATH and PATH variables and when
trying to run sysinfo or ij I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest
section for
 signature file entry org/bouncycastle/ocsp/OCSPException.class

Could someone please give me some feedback on how to fix this? Thanks!

Eduardo Linares

Member of the Technical Staff

NORTHROP GRUMMAN Mission Systems

Defense Mission Systems

Communication and Information Systems Division

9326 Spectrum Center Blvd.

San Diego, CA 92123

858-514-9643

eduardo.linares@ngc.com

Communication & Information Systems Division is committed to delivering
best value systems and services of superior quality that enable our
customers to achieve mission success.

Please check us out at:  www.northropgrumman.com
<http://www.northropgrumman.com/>

ISO9001:2000 certified

Re: Security Exception running sysinfo/ij

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 4/5/06, Linares, Eduardo <ED...@ngc.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
> I just installed Derby and set my CLASSPATH and PATH variables and when
> trying to run sysinfo or ij I get the following exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest
> section for
>  signature file entry org/bouncycastle/ocsp/OCSPException.class
>
> Could someone please give me some feedback on how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi Eduardo,

BouncyCastle is a encryption provider, so the error seems to indicate you're
trying to start the database with encryption (dataEncryption=true?) and
probably specifying the encryptionProvider. Is that so?

If so, do you have the provider's jar or zip file in your CLASSPATH?

Myrna