Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2013/02/14 05:26:30 UTC

[DISCUSS][Action Required] Timeline for moving jira messages to a the issues@ list.

Hi folks,

We agreed during the 4.0 development cycle to shift all tickets
traffic to a dedicated list.
Recently that list has been created.

This is your notice, that at the end of the month (Feb 28th) I will be
shifting all of the message traffic away from cloudstack-dev and onto
cloudstack-issues.

Why aren't you doing this immediately?

Many folks see the current flow of messages. This is a good thing.
We're also in the midst of a development cycle trying to get 4.1.0
out, and there needs to be good visibility. Providing plenty of notice
before the change is the surest way to minimize disruption to the
development cycle.

What does this mean for you?

If you care to see the the bug traffic, you will need to be subscribed
to the new issues mailing list.
If you are a committer, the expectation is that you be subscribed to
this mailing list.

How do I subscribe?

Subscribing is easy one merely needs to send an email to
cloudstack-issues-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

Will you be any more reminders?

Why yes, I'll be sending several emails between now and the
implementation of this change, as well as at least one after the fact.
In addition, one or more moderators will be monitoring list
subscription and will likely be reaching out to committers who aren't
subscribed.

I have questions or concerns...

Great, please respond to this message (on-list) and lets discuss them.

--David

Re: [DISCUSS][Action Required] Timeline for moving jira messages to a the issues@ list.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 07:33:26AM -0800, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> Ok looks like I am not getting it. Chip / David when you get a chance can you check it.

Not sure what to check.  You are on the subscriber list as
"animesh.chaturvedi@citrix.com".  I'm getting emails from Jira sent to
that list.

Perhaps spam or other filtering on your side?

-chip

RE: [DISCUSS][Action Required] Timeline for moving jira messages to a the issues@ list.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Animesh,

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Dave/ Chip

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:49:59PM -0800, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> Folks
>
> We are approaching the deadline for switch to new Jira mailing list on 2/28. If you are not subscribed yet, please do so.

I just checked the list of subscribers to cloudstack-issues@i.a.o.  We
don't have most of the committers, who really need to subscribe
before we make the switch.

Contributors and other interested folks are also encouraged to
subscribe though!

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Folks