Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2008/11/14 11:50:36 UTC

Switching "namespace" - how to render a s:url Link which switches the namespace - maybe portlet related

Hi - got some problem with namespace and i don't see my error.

Global namespace is view in view mode (portlet).

Got some action which is in rules namespace called index.
Got another action called index too which is in namespace tag which got as
parent the /view one too.

1. /view/rules/index
2. /view/tag/index

Now i want to render some link which switches from action 2 to action 1.
Tested the following - all unsuccessfull:

<s:url action="index" namespace="rules" /> does not work - it renders

/view/tag/rules/index as path.

<s:url action="index" namespace="/view/rules" /> renders

/view/tag/view/rules/index

<s:url action="index" namespace="/rules" /> renders

/view/tag/rules/index

as struts.portlet.action value.

How to render some link "which" allows me to switch the namespace? Maybe a
bug?

--
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect."
	-- Linus Torvalds

Re: Switching "namespace" - how to render a s:url Link which switches the namespace - maybe portlet related

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Of course you did... Don't know how I missed that :)

Nils-H

Den 14. nov.. 2008 kl. 12.12 skrev Torsten Krah <tkrah@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
Am Freitag, 14. November 2008 12:12:08 schrieb Torsten Krah:

Nvm, no bug but correct behaviour which i've missed to understand until now.
Debugging is shows that the portlet modeNameSpace is prepended every time
(which is correct from a portlet perspective).

And that was my problem - i did prepend /view/tag because that is the view
mode root namespace for the portlet rendered - and i can not go "beyond" this
namespace - which is ok, but that was what i wanted to do.

The solution is to double the action configuration if i need to use the action
a portlet which gots another root view namespace.

Torsten

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
Am Freitag, 14. November 2008 12:07:17 schrieb Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik:
> Did you try just "/rules"? It might be a bug, so if it doesn't work,
> please file a JIRA issue.

Yeah did - that was the 3rd way:

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Did you try just "/rules"? It might be a bug, so if it doesn't work,
please file a JIRA issue.

Nils-H