Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Vincent Li <vi...@geminits.com> on 2005/04/20 05:34:24 UTC

problem with Liferay and Myface portlet integration

Hi all,

I am currently developing a JSF project, and my team has decided to
integrate it with the Liferay portal using Myfaces portlet.

We have had success with getting JSF pages to show on Liferay, but we are
having problems with getting the commandButtons

to work.

I have had a trace through the source and it seems that when the state
saving method in web.xml is set to 'server', Myfaces

and Liferay keep their own instance of the session variable rather than
sharing the same one, and this causes the lifecycle in

Myfaces to think that nothing has been done on the page, and so it restores
the original page without processing the events.

I would be grateful if somebody could tell me whether or not this is a known
issue, and if there are any planned fixes or workarounds

for this.

Best regards,

Vincent