Posted to user@struts.apache.org by contactrajib <ra...@anshinsoft.com> on 2002/11/22 06:04:35 UTC

using tomcat version

Hi,

I was trying to figure out the best version of Tomcat for using
Struts 1.0.2. Some people told me that it is best to use tomcat 3.2.2.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Rajib

Re: using tomcat version

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
contactrajib wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was trying to figure out the best version of Tomcat for using
>Struts 1.0.2. Some people told me that it is best to use tomcat 3.2.2.
>
>Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
>
>Regards
>Rajib

If you are just starting to learning Struts,  I would --Highly--
recommend using the latest Nightly build.
If you aren't using the new items (modules, validator, tiles, nested
tags, declarative exception handling),
whatever documentation/articles you may have read on Struts 1.0 should
apply equally we'll. It will
also save you time in converting later on.  Plus the Struts 1.1 bugs are
actively fixed. Then you can use Tomcat 4.1.12
which has speed improvements.

-Rob