Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2007/04/19 20:25:07 UTC

CVD package renaming

All,

I would like to gradually clean up some of the CVD code.  To start with,
I'd like to rename the packages, annot_view to cvd, and I need to think
about ts_editor (it's not an editor).  Anybody object to that?  I'll
need to update the scripts.  Anything else I need to do when renaming
those packages?

--Thilo

Re: CVD package renaming

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Adam Lally wrote:
>> On 4/19/07, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I would like to gradually clean up some of the CVD code.  To start
>>> with,
>>> I'd like to rename the packages, annot_view to cvd, and I need to think
>>> about ts_editor (it's not an editor).  Anybody object to that?  I'll
>>> need to update the scripts.  Anything else I need to do when renaming
>>> those packages?
>>>

>> PEAR Installer also launches CVD and may have its class name hardcoded
>> somewhere.
>>
>> We might consider leaving around a deprecated stub class under the old
>> name and just having its main method call the main method of the new
>> class.  That way if any user had their own script it would continue to
>> work.
>>
>> -Adam
>
> Good idea, I'll do that.  I'll wait another day, though, to see if
> anybody else has any suggestions/concerns.
The PearInstaller run Gladis/CVD to verify the installed component. The
code is available in the uimaj-tools project at
org.apache.uima.tools.pear.install.InstallPear:runGladis().
The main class that is loaded to start Gladis/CVD is loaded from the
gladis.properties file.
Maybe when doing some changes here, you can also change the name Gladis
(used in several methods and comments) to the new name.

-- Michael

Re: CVD package renaming

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Re: CVD package renaming

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Re: CVD package renaming

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to gradually clean up some of the CVD code.  To start
> with, I'd like to rename the packages, annot_view to cvd, and I need
> to think about ts_editor (it's not an editor).  Anybody object to
> that?  I'll need to update the scripts.  Anything else I need to do
> when renaming those packages?
>
> --Thilo

Sounds OK to me.  You might search for any dependencies on what you're
renaming.

-Marshall