Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Tantzen <ta...@tc.umn.edu> on 2002/03/12 15:14:03 UTC

apache won't start

No doubt this has come up before, but I am new to tomcat 4.0.x, so please
excuse this elementary query.

Platform: NT4.0 SP6

Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 4.0.3 work fine as standalone applications, but when I
try to connect them using mod_webapp, the Apache service will not start.  I
have added mod_webapp.so and libapr.dll to my modules/ directory (in fact I
copied the dll to \winnt\system32 as well).  I have added the following line
to my httpd.conf:

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so

And I have tried both adding and deleting the following directive:

AddModule mod_webapp.c

In all cases, the Apache service will not start, giving the following error:
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

If you have any suggestions, or online sources where I can look for help,
please send them my way.  I will be doing a similar setup on WinXP (or
trying to) in the near future as well, so if anyone has any "heads-up"
there, let me know too!

TIA,
Bill

Re: apache tomcat integration syntax error in httpd.conf

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
For virtual hosts, you have to create the webapp connection AFTER you
specify the NameVirtualHost, like this:

NameVirtualHost 12.34.56.78

# create the webapp connection
WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppInfo /webapp-info

Then actually deploy the webapps within your virtual host blocks:

<VirtualHost 12.34.56.78>
    ServerName www.mycompany.com
    DocumentRoot "/path/to/mycompany.com"
    WebAppDeploy     ROOT      conn  /
    WebAppDeploy     manager   conn  /manager
</VirtualHost>

Posted by Paul Phillips <pa...@partitura.com>.