Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Muhammad Aamir <ma...@aamir.pk> on 2010/06/26 19:05:00 UTC

Accessing through RMI

Hi,

I am working on a project and want to connect a swing client to ofbiz.

I created a simple standalone client and was able to invoke userLogin
service. I figured out that all services where auth=true, I have to pass the
userLogin GV that was returned by userLogin service. I have a concern that
if a client was able to get hold of userLogin GV probably by invoking
getRelatedOne() sort of method, he would be able to invoke a service with
that retrieved userLogin. In sum, my main concern is over security when it
comes to connected with RMI.

Secondly, I had a quick look on POS application and noticed that it is using
GenericDelegator. My question is that if POS is a standalone application,
how the derogator is accessible.

Thank you
Muhammed Aamir

Re: Accessing through RMI

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I apologize meant JNLP (Java Network Launching Protocol)
part of java Web start.
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/javawebstart/

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Muhammed Aamir sent the following on 6/26/2010 1:13 PM:

Accessing through RMI

Posted by Muhammed Aamir <ma...@aamir.pk>.

Re: Accessing through RMI

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I can not help on RMI since I use JNP and a handler that uses xml for
data transfers.

the POS is built on top of the ofbiz framework and has it own
(standalone) UI.
hope that helps.

Muhammad Aamir sent the following on 6/26/2010 10:05 AM: