Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BlackKnight <ww...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/05 15:22:04 UTC

How to do pager with two select?

Hi guys,

I got a problem implementing a Pager with two select.

I have 2 select, a submit button and an iterator in a s:form,.

Once user hit submit, the content in select will send to a action as
criterias and load the data. I have no problem with that.

BUT, BUT how can I add a pager in this form? I tried to use 4
links(first last.....), once user hit a link, it will call a action but
I can't get the value of select in the action! They are both null.

I have been bothered for similar problems for a while, any suggestions
and hints will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Frank

Re: How to do pager with two select?

Posted by Greg Lindholm <gr...@gmail.com>.

> Hi guys,
>
> I got a problem implementing a Pager with two select.
>
> I have 2 select, a submit button and an iterator in a s:form,.
>
> Once user hit submit, the content in select will send to a action as
> criterias and load the data. I have no problem with that.
>
> BUT, BUT how can I add a pager in this form? I tried to use 4
> links(first last.....), once user hit a link, it will call a action but
> I can't get the value of select in the action! They are both null.
>
> I have been bothered for similar problems for a while, any suggestions
> and hints will be appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Frank

If you want the value of the Select's submitted along with the paging
commands then you can either use javascript to construct the links and add
the parameters at the time they are clicked or don't use links, use
additional submit buttons and use the method= attribute to run a different
action method.  So if your main submit button runs the execute() method you
can add an additional method doFirst() that you run when the "First" submit
button is run.

<s:submit value="First" method="doFirst" />
<s:submit value="Last" method="doLast" />