Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/19 09:15:31 UTC

Re: How to forward multipart emails using Camel?

Hi

You can possible disable mapping mail message
mapMailMessage=false

And then work on the javax.mail.Message directly.

See a bit details at
http://camel.apache.org/mail.html

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Gregor
<gr...@channeladvisor.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've got an issue where we're trying to forward an email from one system to
> another, basically by reading the emails from one account, sending the
> message to a processor where the headers gets altered with the correct To
> headers, and then passed on to be send from another account.
>
> This looks like it should be as simple as (not including the brackets to the
> XML isn't stripped)
>
> from
> uri=imaps://imap.gmail.com?username={{email.username}}&amp;password={{email.password}}&amp;consumer.delay=6000&amp;unseen=false&amp;fetchSize=5
>
> bean ref="myProcessor"

> uri="smtps://smtp.gmail.com?username={{email.username}}&amp;password={{email.password}}"
>
> The myProcessor bean is where we alter the headers (and do a couple of
> non-relevant-to-this-discussion things).
>
> The issue is when the email is more than slightly complicated (i.e. a
> multipart email), the Camel mail component is just doing a toString on the
> body, which results in a very small email being recieved with the body of...
>
> javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@2fd77b9a
>
> Which is obviously wrong!
>
> Any ideas how to have Camel just send the original email with the new
> headers, without altering the body at all?

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com