Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by UpAndGone <up...@web.de> on 2005/08/23 18:34:10 UTC

how to access webdav files and/or disable version number in filename

Hi list,

The current gallery webapp I am using doesn't support WebDAV, but stores its
files in the filesystem. So I wondered if I could make this image folder
accessible for WebDAV Clients via Slide. I successfully set up Slide and was
able to upload/download pictures.

Now, when I view this directory via WebDAV, I see proper file names. But in
the file system they are in fact stored with the file version number at the
end ("image024.jpg.01"). Is it possible to turn off the automatic versioning
in filenames? I have disabled auto-versioning in slide properties, but I
wasn't able to make the "01" disappear.

Or is this the wrong approach? Should I rather extend the gallery webapp
with WebDAV client functions? But well, how do I display the images then?

Thanks

Christian