Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 16:04:31 UTC

Configuring FLUME to use FailOverSinkProcessor...

Folks,

for some reason updating the JIRA isn't trigerring an email....
I need feedback from FLUME DEVS on
FLUME-1045<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1045?focusedCommentId=13412737&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13412737>
wherein
i am trying to use failover sinkprocessor and a combination of file and
memory channel to achieve scribe like spooling/de-spooling.....facing some
issues here....

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Configuring FLUME to use FailOverSinkProcessor...

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Inder,
actually in my testing environment, events weren't drain from memory channel and therefore they were not saved in file channel. I'm not sure why, but it appeared that the failover did not happened as expected. I unfortunately did not yet have enough time to fully explore what has happen (I might be doing something wrong).

Jarcec

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.
Jarek,