Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2008/12/31 12:10:33 UTC

Maven deploy snapshots / Removed unused artifacts

Hi there,

i have a working projekt which can be deployed to a internet server
during a nightly build using hudson...so far so good...

So during each run of the build server a new state of the project is
built and transfered to the internet server and stored on the defined
area which is numbered on the internet server with an incrementing number...
So this means after 10 days i have 10 times all my artifacts on that
server but as far as i understand only the last one (build number 10),
based on the build number is referenced...all the other files are not
used anymore (build number 1..9)....

So my question is: Does exist an Maven based mechanism to delete the not
used artifacts (build number 1..9) ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Maven deploy snapshots / Removed unused artifacts

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

This is not really something that's currently fulfilled by maven. You should
better look in the maven repository manager software area (see archiva,
artifactory, nexus...) that already have integrated feature to "purge" old
snapshots. See
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+Repository+Manager+Feature+Matrix#MavenRepositoryManagerFeatureMatrix-repositorypurge

Cheers

2008/12/31 Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>

> Hi there,
>
> i have a working projekt which can be deployed to a internet server during
> a nightly build using hudson...so far so good...
>
> So during each run of the build server a new state of the project is built
> and transfered to the internet server and stored on the defined area which
> is numbered on the internet server with an incrementing number...
> So this means after 10 days i have 10 times all my artifacts on that server
> but as far as i understand only the last one (build number 10), based on the
> build number is referenced...all the other files are not used anymore (build
> number 1..9)....
>
> So my question is: Does exist an Maven based mechanism to delete the not
> used artifacts (build number 1..9) ?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
> --
> SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
> Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
> Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
> 52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !