Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 14:02:39 UTC

Starting to cut a 2.0.0-M1 release

Hi guys,

I'm just back from a long week-end, and it's hard to start hacking
deeply on the current trunks, because that means a lot of changes in it.
(I'm currently working on aliases, and we have many issues)

I will branch the current trunk into a branches/2.0.0-M1, create the
tarballs, and launch a vote for a 2.0.0-M1 release as soon as I have the
tarballs ready.

Keep in mind that this 2.0.0-M1 is *just* a milestone, nothing more,
nothing less. I'm not even sure we should advertize it, but some of our
user base is waiting for very important bug fixes (mainly the ACI reload
issue : when the server is stopped, the ACI aren't reloaded at startup,
which makes the server unusable. It has been fixed 3 weeks ago).

It's also an opportunity for people who want to get familiar with the
new configuration to play with it for real.

I don't really mind wasting half a day on such a task if any of you
think it's not a good idea to release this week, as it's also a perfect
opportunity to check the release process for free, so feel comfortable
to tell me to revert the branch.

Thanks guys !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny