Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/20 08:54:34 UTC

Post 3.0.0-M1 tasks

Hi guys,

now that the 3.0.0-M1 has been released, I'd like to list the tasks we
need to complete for the next release, beside obvious bugs and features :
- update the site to add some MINA 3 pages
- generate the Javadoc for MINA 3
- fix the release process (there are many little irks to polish)
- document the release process so that anyone can cut a release in the
future
- add some documentation about MINA3

The last item is critical. MINA 2 documentation is far from being
perfect, and we need to offer a better odcumentation to our users.

I'll work on the release process fix next week, I'd like to cut a M2 asap.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Post 3.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 July 2013 17:52, Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> now that the 3.0.0-M1 has been released, I'd like to list the tasks we
>> need to complete for the next release, beside obvious bugs and features :
>> - update the site to add some MINA 3 pages
>> - generate the Javadoc for MINA 3
>
> works on trunk, mvn install -Papache-release produce javadocs in the
> tarballs and the artifacts
>
>> - fix the release process (there are many little irks to polish)
>
> some are fixed, what do you think is missing ?
>
>> - document the release process so that anyone can cut a release in the
>> future
>> - add some documentation about MINA3
>>
>> The last item is critical. MINA 2 documentation is far from being
>> perfect, and we need to offer a better odcumentation to our users.
>
> I'm quite lost here, I wonder if we should not keep the documentation
> on a wiki for leveraging
> crowd edition.
>
> The current CMS is great for editing the static website (even if it's
> suffering some NIH syndrome)
> but for extensive user-guide documentation it not helping users to
> contribute (e.g. fix typo).
>
> The contribution barrier is too high ! Even with Apache confluence
> where you need to have a CLA
> (and an account).
>
> I think we should switch the user-guide docs to a low barrier wiki.

Which also requires a login and a request to be added to the
ContributorsGroup (or a full-time Wiki spam remover).

Might be worth considering using the Commenting app as used by httpd,
for example:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/configuring.html#comments_section

Re: Post 3.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Post 3.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> now that the 3.0.0-M1 has been released, I'd like to list the tasks we
> need to complete for the next release, beside obvious bugs and features :
> - update the site to add some MINA 3 pages
> - generate the Javadoc for MINA 3
> - fix the release process (there are many little irks to polish)
> - document the release process so that anyone can cut a release in the
> future
> - add some documentation about MINA3

Big +1

> The last item is critical. MINA 2 documentation is far from being
> perfect, and we need to offer a better documentation to our users.

Any thoughts on how to arrange documentation this time. I am going to work
on few examples and can put doco's for the same.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog