Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Zsolt Kúti <la...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/13 20:31:58 UTC

site overhaul

Hello,

The rework of our site has reached the point where it is worth reviewing.

Changes involve:
- Bootstrap and 'Spacelab' theme for it by Bootswatch is now used
- menu and page contents are more or less reorganized
- file structure reflects above
- links have been verified and modified whenever needed
- some new contents added

The site content for preview is available here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxgZS3Pgyq9vTDNTaUVndVUwMlU

Download and unzip it, and start a local http server with the 'content' dir
as root.
To save bandwidth API doc is temporally removed.

Because IMO these type of changes by a non-commiter is not what Apache CMS
system is designed for, I decided to work on and build the site locally. So
I am now only providing the output of build from source.
As soon as we find the content to be sufficiently settled the sources can
be transferred to our repo as agreed on.

While there is still room for polishing, I think this now close to be
publishable.
Some items for the todo list I am aware of:
- align River logo, search field with the menu
- more visible color for intro text
- 3.0 artifacts availability
- Dan Creswel's blog was a great source of Jini and other materilas, but
now unavailable; get info on that
- jini.org: status?
- success stories: some links do not work; we need to collect more known
cases (Gigaspaces?)
- https://wiki.apache.org/river/JOW_Getting_Started is outdated, what to do
with it
- cookbook is feeble, needs more or let leave it out
- in general overviewing, enriching and correcting content is badly needed

Cheers,
Zsolt

Re: site overhaul

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Thanks Zsolt,

Great to see much needed attention on our website!

Cheers,

Peter.