Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Greg B." <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2016/10/02 18:39:42 UTC

Request for Next OpenOffice Update

You may know that many software programs are beginning to come with a "dark theme" or black mode.

I am requesting on that on an upcoming release you add the option to change all software and pop-up boxes to charcoal, dark grey, and/or black theme.

The black them in Office 2016 is frickin' awesome. I have it at work.

- Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Black Theme

<http://winsupersite.com/office-2016/how-switching-dark-theme-microsoft-office-2016>http://www.pcworld.com/article/3103560/windows/how-to-enable-windows-10s-dark-theme-in-the-anniversary-update.html

- Microsoft Office 2016:

http://winsupersite.com/office-2016/how-switching-dark-theme-microsoft-office-2016

- Komodo Edit 10:

http://komodoide.com/komodo-edit/

- ACDSee Photo Viewer:

http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee

- Fimora:

https://atulhost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/filmora-video-editor-3.jpg
http://www.wondershare.net/filmora/video-editor/?icn=nav

- Lightworks:

https://www.lwks.com/

Thanks,

GREG

Re: Request for Next OpenOffice Update

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
> On Oct 2, 2016, at 14:39, Greg B. <gr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> You may know that many software programs are beginning to come with a "dark theme" or black mode.
>
> I am requesting on that on an upcoming release you add the option to change all software and pop-up boxes to charcoal, dark grey, and/or black theme

Please NO as a default.  Option, maybe.  Light grey on dark grey doesn't work for me!

 —
jt - jt@jt-mj.net

Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. - A.M.Greeley